Offering the best of East & West. Why not become a resident?
Our residency and passport services are geared towards helping YOU make the move from your country to Turkey in a comfortable and hassle-free way. How does it work?
To legally reside in Turkey for more than 90 days, you are required to apply for a residence permit. There are various types of residence permits ranging from short term residence permits through to long-term and humanitarian residence permits. While these permits may allow you to stay in the country for longer periods of time, permanent residence requires you to apply for citizenship.
Citizenship alleviates the need to continually renew your visas, residence or even work permits. Turkey also allows you to keep your original nationality as it supports dual citizenship.
After being a long term resident of Turkey, the process of applying for Turkish citizenship is fairly straightforward. Some of the requirements for the application are:
- Being of adult age with regards to your origin country
- Been a resident of Turkey for not less than 5 years with interruptions of less than six months.
- If married to a Turkish national or are born in the country, the minimum number of years of residency is reduced to 3 years.
- You should have no criminal record and be of sound physical and mental health
- If married to a national, you must prove that you can support yourself while living in the country.
The following documents are required when applying for Turkish citizenship:
- 4 passport-size photos
- A valid passport
- Proof of good physical and mental health
- If with children or a spouse, you should provide proof of your relationships
- You will also be required to prove your fluency in Turkish language. The interview is conducted by a government official
The application is done at the Town Hall where you are needed to bring the required documents. You will be given a form that you are needed to fill and pay an application fee. The application is then forwarded to the Interior Ministry for review. You will be informed of the results of the review by the Turkish Consulate General through the mail. Citizenship status is not affected even in the event of a divorce.