Who Should Apply for Turkish Residence Permit?
When it comes to who should apply, the requirements will vary according to the type of permit you are applying for in Turkey. The conditions for getting a short-term permit will differ from those required for a work permit due to the obvious differences in the reason for your application.
You should apply for a residence permit if you:
- Want to live in the country for longer than the 90 days allowed on tourist visas
- Want to renew your short-term residence permit
- Want to stay in the country for an indefinite period of time
- Already live in Turkey but want to sponsor your spouse and children
- Want to invest inTurkey
- Want to establish a business in Turkey
- Want to study in Turkey on a student permit
- And finally, but most importantly, you should apply if you want to move to a beautiful and peaceful country
People apply for a Turkish residence permit for different reasons and they will be required to mention this reason on their applications. No matter what your reason for applying, Turkey is a wonderful country to live in and make a home.
If you are still unsure about this decision, take a look at some of our resources about life in Turkey and how you can make this gorgeous place your own.