Have you been residing in Turkey for eight years? Are you looking to change your residency status and apply for a long term visa in Turkey? Then you’re in the right place!
A long term resident permit in Turkey gives you almost equal rights as that of a Turkish Citizen. Here’s the complete procedure to apply for a long term visa in Turkey:
Steps to Apply for your Long Term Visa in Turkey
Note: A key criterion to apply for a long term visa is that you have to reside in Turkey for a period of eight years uninterruptedly. As an expat this is possible if you have a work permit, family permit or if you have purchased a property in the country. As long as you hold that property, you are granted a Turkish residence permit. The minimum investment required for this purpose is approximately $50,000.
Step 1 – You will have to prove your financial stability when you apply for your long term visa in Turkey. According to Turkish law, this is USD 500 per month per person. You will have to submit your bank account details, bank statements along with other required documents. If you have a property, a title deed of your property will also be required.
- Passport copy (Translated into Turkish and notarized) (Exits and entries for the period of last 8 years should be shown)
- Previous residence permits – copies and originals
- 4x Biometric photos (taken in the last 6 months with white background)
- A declaration that you have not received any social benefits during the past three years of your stay in Turkey (Can be obtained from Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation bound to Governorship or District Governorship)
- Residence Certificate to approve your local address (Can be obtained from Civil Registry Office)
- Police Clearance Certificate (It can be obtained from Turkish Legal Authorities)
- Private Health Insurance for 1 Year
Step 2 – Visit the official immigration website. Click on “I would like to lodge a new application” and provide the required details. This is the pre-registration form. It will direct you to the page where you should select “Apply for Long Term Residence Permit”. Fill in the form here and you will receive an appointment date to visit the immigration office.
Step 3 – After you’ve received your appointment date, you will be directed to the payment page. Depending on your application, the system will generate the official charges for your particular case. You have three options to make your payment – online payment, through the tax office or by visiting any one of the specified banks.
Step 4 – On the day of your appointment with the Immigration office, make sure you have all the required documents with you. Once you’ve submitted you will receive a response within 90 days. You can check your application status here.